Some ways to heal from past trauma/hurt
1. Share your experience with people who have had the same experience ( make sure it is a safe space, like a support group or a forum which offers anonymity on choice)
2. Seek therapy
3. When we are pulled into the past painful memories in are mind or are triggered by some events ( present) which trigger the same emotional response that the past hurt evoked, we tend to feel anxious and restless. Our decisions are also impaired when we are in this state. For this the first aid would be to render to our symptoms.
Try journal writing, self-reflection, and relaxation techniques like progressive muscle relaxation, exercise, a walk in nature, or anything healthy that distracts you or transitions you to another state.
4. Practice mindfulness in daily life.
5. Have healthy and firm boundaries with people who have hurt you and also with the present and future relationships that you might have. Establish open and constructive communication with them in order to avoid confusion and frustration.
6. Remember, that indulging in unhealthy habits to move on from hurt is a normal tendency in many people. But that spirals you down to a less healthy body and mind. It can just be a temporary distraction from the problem but never a permanent solution. Addictions should be addressed and along with them also the issues that cause you to indulge in them.
7. Appreciate your self for coming so far with the emotional baggage all these years. But also respect your body and mind for being there with you and take that decision to do a good pay back! Start with baby steps and always remember healing is a process. A constant one.
I hope you find this helpful.